11.14.2017

- in the name of Allah -


Fair November
(a corollary to "Bitter December")

Though the night was cold, myself I found awake,
to search for starry skies in which might diamonds shine,
memories indeed, but now ones of hope and not of pain.

The stars of fair November, of theirs a glow that never ends,
burn they ever onward, a blazing path outside of human sight,
leading past the now and then, into love freed from time.

In these words, inside of every syllable, rests but a single wish,
that your path and road, of heart to home, might be lighter made,
so smiles and peace abound, His will for you to find this shade.

Forgive my stupidity and ignorance, my sloth and indecision,
knowing me was a sawtooth blade, whirring through the chest,
the loss of blood just the start, as it tore past nerve and flesh.

While the past such strain might know, or as scars it may have left,
there's always now tomorrow, waiting to be sought and sowed,
so we might harvest gain from hope, by all the deeds we'd sent.

Among the reasons that such dreams I carry, like immortal seeds,
is to bring forth from your eyes, tears of joy that never dry,
and so you might know, what it is to me you'll always mean.

~~~~~~

Oh Rabb, 
forgive my sentimental nature, 
that it leads none astray,
instead make it for her a guiding star,
so she might know Your Way.

ameen

No comments: