4.18.2008

- in the name of Allah -


I don't think this blog really serves any purpose for me anymore. My evolution has come so far, realized so much, I wonder if I will ever find again the need to write and give voice to my thoughts.

It's like a leaf blown off a tree into the wind, only to scatter into a million pieces and be reformed in another land, simply to make fertile the land that would grow another tree.

My poetic touch is being lost. I can't quite explain it. Possibly the pragmatism that's become entrenched in my being from putting deen more fully into life has something to do with it. Words...don't mean as much as they once did. They may be able to cut more easily than knives, but they weigh as much as feathers.

It also dawns on me that I need to find someone. Who, I don't know, why, I'm only half sure of, and how, well that remains the most mysterious part. Let the puzzle begin..

3 comments:

Reham said...

I was reading some of my past comments and I came across yours. So I thought i'd check up on my fellow voluntary bedouin.

I can completely relate to every word you said.

Only my inclinations are moving in a somewhat opposing direction.

I think we're never meant to answer the "Why's". Living would definitely cease to have as much meaning as it once did if we had the answers to all our questions.

Good luck with your endeavors, whether they be spiritual, personal, intellectual, or social.

Take care :)

Reham said...

You know what? Your comment made me smile from inside and I haven't smiled inside from inside in a long time.

I agree with the word "twinship". I think I mentioned before that you're the guy version of myself.

I've never got proposed to on my blog before, neither in jest, in semi-jest or in no jest at all. This is why I don't know what to say.

The first thought that popped into my head though was "Who are you?"

Reham said...

lol, yeah you've missed out on a lot.

I tend to be overly curious so i'll grill you a lot, but the "blog comments" arena doesn't fully serve my purpose. :P

How about you add me on MSN? Isn't that where all good friendships begin?

rehambarghouti@hotmail.com