12.11.2008

- in the name of Allah -


Ah, the contemplations of life. How they vary from time to time and place to place. Aside from the typical blargage that is academia and finals, I've actually had a few thoughts of dissimilitude.

Sun and Moon

...asking the most popular puppets of the day, they'd choose to be Suns shining brightly, with staffs in hand to whip and command, throw wealth and influence around and show off their control over the land. but ask me, and I might choose to be a Moon, not quite as brightly blinding or self-sustaining in visual glamour, but quietly echoing a sense of serenity while emanating a glow both dependent on and farthest from the Sun's vanity. Suns and Moons might be compared as Fire and Ice, and though that debate could earnestly last forever into nothing, I'd personally rather choose moonlit Ice, farthest from the action but plenty close to knowing the meaning of its own existence. Though one rises to enable sight and civilization's bustle, the one that falls to guide wary travelers in the darkness that is night appeals more fully to one of evident contradiction, seeking both humanity and its isolation, both companionship and solitary contemplation, onwardly going without solute or solvent to a solution of sheer inward gravitation. why I come less to the land of words, either written or typed, in anyone's guess, wandering or wondering still I assume, a role more attuned to things assured and concretely groomed. how does a Moon pick up its scattered light in a desert when all the canopies have been stripped away of their green, now only gray and yellow, a sign of negligence and decay? I need mirrors, reflections deep and illuminating, true and reverberating, not in myself, but in another or others, without fear of destiny's hand always hovering. a touch of truth, of a nature genuine, of a brush in hand, of a painter's ploy or plea to sanity, to draw an answer human to all the questions plaguing me..

2 comments:

yumyumna said...

That was ...intriguing.
Talking about finals to life philosophy. In the end, you almost sound like you're looking for people such as yourself. Mirrors to reflect your personality. Make each other shine brighter?
Dare I say it; you sound lonely. And depressed. Your expectations for the human race have fallen.
But then again, that might just be Finals Week Funk.
Tyger! Tyger! Burning bright
In the forest of the night
What immortal hand or eye
could frame thy fearful symmetry?
Yes, I randomly threw in William Blake. It sounded appropriate for some reason. Either that or I'm being impulsive about poetry at the moment.

yumyumna said...

Oh yeah, you asked about NaNoWriMo?
well, I utterly PHAILED.
I made it a little over 20,000 words
but then that's it.
But I'll try again some other time. Maybe without planning a plot line ahead of time. Winging it just sounds more fun rather then being 100% prepared and getting stuck in a box of my own demise.