7.24.2009

- in the name of Allah -

Among various other things that occur to me at such early morning hours, I am led to ponder over the nature of wisdom and guidance. While everyone generally may believe that good actions and good intentions procure a 'better fate', there are enough exceptions (or moments of crystal clear disillusion) in life where a better and more wholesome wisdom is sought.

It could be, and doubtless has been, that some person some where would do a good deed, and then afterwords, be so impressed by what he has done that he begins to fancy himself a prince and at a higher level than those he does not see as fitting his category of religiosity. In such a case, what has this person initially pure deed done for expect increase him in misguidance?

The simple lesson we can derive from this is that we should always be wary of where misguidance can come from. Perhaps especially, being on guard after doing a good deed is something everyone should do, lest egos, pride, and exaggerated self worth start clouding the truth, with the person suddenly being led astray because he should forget where true guidance came from, and why he was doing it all in the first place.

It is a bit ironic, and counter to 'common' sense, that we could end up taking the paths often traveled from something so pure and initially innocent. It's been said that good intentions often land good people in bad places (or something like that). Lately, it seems like the guise of wisdom has appeared to me in more places and more moments than I can remember ever having happened before. Alhamdulillah for that.

On less important notes, I passed my board exam! Certified, here I come!

t_t

1 comment:

yumyumna said...

ahahaha i totally get what you're saying.
It's pretty tough. If you doing something good, the best thing to do is remind yourself that you're not doing it for any other reason then for the sake of Allah. In fact, with every action you do, you should always be afraid that you might be becoming a munafiq (hypocrite).

I'm always afraid that some good deed that i'm doing is just for the sake of showing off to other people or if some advice i give isn't something that I personally apply in my own life.

I can't quote the original hadith but as I heard during Jummah a few weeks ago, I'm relating it to you the best I can (so forgive me if I'm wrong):
When the Prophet (SAW) first revealed to his sahaba what the munafiqun were, even the Sahaba were so overcome with fear of becoming one of the hypocrites that they asked Rasulallah if he thought that they might be. The existence of these types of Muslims is something that every generation should be aware of.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/3004010/The-Signs-of-the-Hypocrites-Aid-Abdullah-AlQarni

but other then worrying about my personal fallouts in Islam, my summer is going well. Even though i'm jobless and broke, i'm trying hard to improve myself in every aspect. Achieving dunya and akhirah. Or better yet, using dunya as a means of achieving akhirah.
hmm...i shall blog about this >_0