8.28.2005

-in the name of Allah-


How many days out of one's life are marked with transitions, from old to new, from youth to age, from vibrant to subtle, from ecstatic to subdued, from unknown to known, from insecurity to awareness, from ignorance to knowledge? In my own life I have known, of my own assuming, many such days, and these that pass before me now appear no different. No, I have not forsaken the promise I made to pursue, to endear, to make firm a foundation that begins in union with another. All people in life are subject to change, and it is within this frame of mind one can predict and allow for time apart. It is true there comes a time when words alone do not suffice, and actions' limitations become evident. I speak of words, as she would speak of them, that is, those typed in emails or instant messages. How came a life to find such material influences as electronic communication so important? It only underscores the era in which we live, an era of newfound challenges and opportunities. Distance is seperation, though not implying the non-existence of what is thought to be the in-between of this distance, which is physical in nature. Emotional distance, during some times in life, is necessary and should be alotted its due of importance, regard, seriousness, and understanding. Write when you wish to write, speak when you wish to speak, and I will find myself doing the same regardless of what you do. This, I believe, is the nature of one 4-lettered word that extends beyond the self, beyond the gain, beyond one's knowledge of the world. If love is what love is, then is not mercy from this derived? Let us define mercy- the display, in some form or other, of compassion or kindness to some one or thing. So I may conclude, that given my belief in Allah and His statement that His mercy exceeds His wrath, that Allah truly loves mankind. From this love springs His mercy, His command for us to attain nearness to Him, and give Him the best of what we can that is His due. Thus, love is benevolence. It is care without a wanting of return, a gift without thought of self-fulfillment, a one-way ticket with no recollection. May all of us understand what is love, and how we can find it every where in life, especially with Allah, our Creator.

No comments: