7.05.2006

- in the name of Allah -


Alas, life never ceases to surprise. Alhamdulillah though, some things are easier to weather than others. Take, for instance, someone calling me with the caller ID blocked and then refusing to speak on the other line. Like, what kind of a conversation is it when it's entirely one sided?? Not to say I can't use my imagination, or attribute more to it than meets the eye, but whatever it is it's still trifling. In other news, caught up with an old friend who should be coming up to MD this week iA. It's gonna be a kodak moment seeing how he fits back in the masjid scene, if only for a minute.

Meanwhile, I'm on the second season of Smallville (DVD's). It's progressing quite nicely, and of course it has its moments of utter geeky-cheesiness and unsufferable sentimentality, but all in all it's a series worth seeing if only for how it all unfolds.

In other news, I'm compiling a list of good songs to make a playlist out of and I need help. I was able to pick out SR-71's Tomorrow out of what I was watching, but I need more input. Leave all suggestions as comments please, thanks. It's interesting though, how my "taste" in music seems to be evolving. Things liked yesterday don't seem to be appreciated today. No doubt the endless march of life to the tune of change, but intriguing to see how the self evolves nonetheless.


A random poetic..

If I close my eyes and could see ahead of time, would I tip the scales and favor the smaller fish over the bigger whales? or would I doubtless become just another bottom dweller in the ocean of possibility, searching my way amidst the depth of great pressure and no visibility. I can't foresee ahead not even the steps my feet take in walking, for it might come to pass I die and fall to the ground though what's ahead of me hasn't stopped harking. If death is the end of all desires, why should we live for them? Don't the things that mean more and most than those deserve the time and space that our being composes? It's easy as slicing butter to take our piece of the pie, but when it's time for our neighbor to die, there's not a tear shed, not even a whiff of concern; wonder why? If our own lives were guaranteed saftey while those closest were to live in peril, could we accept this and leave another's hopes as a needle of chance made sterile? I've found in these last few days, perhaps more than any moment prior, it's hard not to love or care especially of a period dire.
and so, what have we in this physical existence but each other's hands to hold and shoulders to clasp, hearts to make firm, dreams to make last?

4 comments:

KM said...

tell me WHY u are wasting time on crapville when you have LOST???? watch LOST, u will not be dissapointed.

that is all i have to say about THAT.

Anonymous said...

playlist (song, then author)

high- james blunt
the blowers daughter- damien rice
speed of sound- coldplay
josephine- teitur
your x-lover is dead- stars
sooner or later- switchfoot
whered you go- fort minor
remember the name- fort minor
better days- goo goo dolls
be yourself- audioslave
fallen- sarah mclachlan

Anonymous said...

playlist part 2

Dare You To Move- Switchfoot
Still Frame- Trapt
Shade of a Shadow- Teitur
Yellow- Coldplay
You- Switchfoot
In The Sun- Coldplay
Under The Weather- KT Tunstall
Made of Glass- Trapt
Harder to Breathe- Maroon V
Echo- Trapt

(first list 100x better)

Nomad said...

Among the various distant thoughts I may have, I wonder what a present-day playlist would look like. Wouldn't that be something? :>