4.22.2007

- in the name of Allah -


In all of the events in life one gives meaning to, another was added to the list. Amongst the irony of ironies, it had to do with April 19th of a year ago, an irony I'll refrain from expounding upon but mention nonetheless. I went back to Al Rahmah for Jumu'ah. This, after an absence going on 10 months. I found that many of those I knew no longer attended as frequently, though the few that remain, seem to matter more. In the cosmically small but personally gargantuan steps we take in life, this has to be counted among them.

I was reminded, going over a piece of the past, just how important understanding is. Being prone to misunderstand because of a tendency to think too fast and judge too easily, I'd lost touch with quite a few I care(d) about. Interestingly, it was the memory precisely of such a person that finally took the nail out of the coffin and allowed everything to be re-examined in a different light. Alhamdulillah for that. In other less important news, Heroes finally returns this coming Monday, and my semester has only a month left. Woot!

No comments: