7.30.2008

- in the name of Allah -


Due to popular demand, I have decided to give in to my adoring fans and furnish their otherwise rudimentary lives with a spectacular post from none other than..myself. I hope this will satisfy them, at least until I post again. :-d

Ah, such superb self-inflation of one's ego, done nigh effortlessly with a touch of sarcastic irony to brighten what ordinarily might have been ordinary..



Anyways, on to more serious things. Yesterday I had what was arguably the worst migraine ever. With pounding ferocity it clouded the mind and pushed out any and every other thought I tried to formulate. Naturally, I began internally debating the merits of life and death and how sleep was the tantalizing alternative of in-between that any insane insomniac would kill for. It was ironic then, after knowing a certain friend who exclaimed on their blog to possess an "affinity for Tylenol PM", I would decide to try a few for myself.

Alh, I managed to find some restful sleep and temperance for the incessant throb in the back of my head. Of course, none of this could possibly have happened without me trying to analyze for what fateful purpose I was to be graced with an exacerbating migraine.

Why is it usually that we are tried as human beings, as Muslims? Is it because of something we have or haven't done, or is it a random occurrence that cannot be explained but only endured? I venture to guess it is a mix of the two, mainly because as human beings our knowledge of what happens is so limited by our physical senses, and that it may well be simply a test to gauge our patience. Whatever the reality of it might be, I know that therein was a certain lesson, a certain flavor to be derived, that when mixed in the right doses with life, can prove an antidote for those most inescapable moments where, in an infitesimal minute, life tangoes with death and the value of one versus the other is determined.





1 comment:

Reham said...

Oh so eloquent as usual, but it is FAN not FANS Egoman!

I have a just-formed opinion on this whole "trial and tribulation" thing. I think on one part it is done so that we don't take things for granted in our life, ex. the beauty of sleep. And also when we find obstacles in our way, I feel it is a test so that only those who are worthy of *insert goal here* can achieve it. It's a way to see how much you want it.

Nothing worth having comes easy.

Also, Tylenol PM is one of the world's greatest inventions. I have them in Vanilla flavor. Best. Candy. Ever.

Visit my blog inshaAllah.

And stop falling asleep while you're reading this! How rude.