2.20.2009

- in the name of Allah -


The purpose of this blog sometimes eludes me. Alh, I am no longer in quite the state of ideological flux that had prepossessed me in years past. I have found a certain foothold, a keen sense of knowing, of who I am, what my purpose is, how to exist. The only question that has remained unanswered, is precisely where am I going? I know most of what I seek does not hold water in this plane, an afterlife long awaited. So it should not be a surprise then to find this plane so burdensome, so full of literal and metaphorical heaviness. It is near impossible to be light-hearted for a long period of time without suffering in some way, either by losing scope and perspective of life, or the abuse and mockery of the less-enlightened. Either the body or mind remain heavily laden with some tiredness, somehow or another. There is just so little in life designed to truly be uplifting, inspiring. That is perhaps why I have developed a recent kinship with prayer, especially as of late. Sometimes, when we do not find the answers we are looking for in the course of a day, a good night's sleep preceded by the nightly prayer is exactly what the doctor ordered.

1 comment:

yumyumna said...

"There is just so little in life designed to truly be uplifting, inspiring."

that is quite the pessimistic view you have there good sir. It almost sounds like you're bored of life.
Why don't you go buy a box of cookies and have a tea party in an elderly home. Consider it an act of charity by socializing with a bunch of people that have been mostly forgotten by their own families.
Or volunteer in a soup kitchen. Maybe chat with some of the people that are there. Usually, people like that value companionship more then, if not equal to, food.
Honestly, I find joy when I help bring joy to other people. Happiness in others' happiness.
Maybe you should do something for someone else just for the sake of Allah. Not because you'll get something out of it. People can donate money and material things to charity all the time, but giving time and companionship is something that cannot be priced.

and about my 'ignoring my blog' comment, I didn't mean you or anyone in particular. LoL. I was just really frustrated with life at the moment. Often times if I'm seriously stressed or pissed off, I don't go around spitting curses at people. I say things that are sharper and meaner, and that comment was bordering on that, unfortunately. Don't mind it too much.