2.08.2009

- in the name of Allah -


The spring semester has begun. New challenges loom on the horizon, 12-hour shifts, cranky mentors, and long hours of listlessness. Right along with that come possibilities, ideas, potential realities floating about as if they were wisps of air. Being human, I find myself terribly shortsighted when it comes to knowing the 'ultimate' good or bad in any endeavor. I may begin it with the best of intentions, but where it will lead or what it will 'ultimately' mean for me is anyone's guess. That may be why it seems as if the paths that open in front of me now hold less of a foreboding. I was not the one to open them, merely one to allow their possibility to mentally exist.

Sometimes, words just fail. They can't tell of the sort of internal...peace...that can be felt at times, when one's purpose and action begin to align. Once we stop running from who we are and what we're made for, everything just falls into perspective. It may be that our notions of honor and justice are lacking, that to truly begin to encompass them, we have to reach a higher state, where we can acknowledge what really matters and what is just another headline in the paper.

Somewhat random thoughts, for a somewhat random time..

1 comment:

yumyumna said...

yeah! the spring semester has finally begun. I'm beginning to feel it quite thoroughly now that I've gone a few nights without a proper sleep (tests and papers galore! W00T!).
But it's really hard to put internal peace into words. When I came home and this week finally ended, i started shedding tears of joy, literally, during Zhur salat. I was so happy and thankful for getting through this week and maintaining my grades :D
That is internal peace my friend.

random times indeed.
oh man, i haven't blogged in a while, better get to it ;P