9.21.2009

- in the name of Allah -

internal constructs
9.21

Reaching for the stars, barely landing in the heavens,
The path has finally opened, if only for a second.
I catch whiff of a scent that could blind the senses,
My fancy is intrigued, blood pounding in throbbing temples.

The rush is too much, I'm becoming light-headed,
The door still inviting, but it seems I'm not yet ready.
Why must I awake from this opaque dream?
The clock reads a minute past, I swear an eternity it seemed.

Let me gaze for just a few decades,
Into crystalline orbs, tiny suns that shine on without age.
Granted such rare glory, such precious splendor,
Who would deny the touch of satin, the smell of lavender?

Remembering just one of countless rewards in store,
For he who'd lend his Rabb a goodly loan, and little more.
A blink of an eye, or an epic tale of endless pages,
Only fools need argue, a spat amongst wandless mages.

A winding road ahead, paved in prick of thorns,
Right is obvious, but can a nomad weather its storm?


iA.

4 comments:

yumyumna said...

I like the last line a lot [:

It's so true.
Between Right and Wrong
I can see the broad line
Edged by a bit of grey, it goes
on as the horizon is long.
So Long.

As I walk the line,
I wonder, wandering through time,
When will it come to an end?

If I were to reach it,
I'd want my soul to be not in pieces
I'd want to Leave satan defeated
and
I'd want to have made Heaven mine.

This is my wish
But as everyone knows
As far as wishes go
They are easily thought
but not easily begot.


yay for my superbly lacking poetry

Nomad said...

mA, good stuff.

Just to point out that in the last line of the 3rd stanza, it'd probably be "I'd want to have Heaven made mine", not "...have made Heaven mine".

Allah would be the one making Jannah either for us or not; our own efforts and makings would inevitably fall short.

ShakirSahab said...

i'm likin the new link!!!!

yumyumna said...

@ Nomad, what you say is true about that line.
But hey, to err is human, to forgive is divine.
And I already mentioned how much my poetry lacked.