10.06.2009

- in the name of Allah -

quiet rain

as my various realities
come bearing down on me
I give pause to thought
"how long must this be?"

if I dared gaze at what has past
no doubt I'd drown
in sins and emptiness and regret
piled on high from sky till ground

a different lesson I'm learning
tales of ancients you might say
is that to forge a new path
sometimes you must lose your way

I'll be the first to recollect in curiosity
to muse at what could have been
had I been as wise back then

but but, before my aim is lost
before I reach for fruits long gone
I know these branches
are near to breaking, bound by timeless frost

as such, I proclaim for myself the only road
is the only one I've ever known

a trail where time goes in one direction
where looking back is mere confection

I guess I understand, why man is so oft doomed
to repeat his past and learn it not
for tomorrow's sake, he buries it soon

still..
I plead and beg and lay prostate on my face
for Allah to be my guide
and forever my support, my solace.





2 comments:

yumyumna said...

might you be
a nominee
for poet laureate?


i do believe this to be your best work yet, good sir,
as it actualizes the internal strife and volition of all those that are in touch with their veritable selves.
You've allocated much merit for delivering this verbatim of reality.

Nomad said...

haha, jazakAllah khair for the comment.

not everything comes out so well, but alh sometimes it flows like its supposed to.