2.07.2015

- in the name of Allah -

..wa min'al Asmaa'i i'lal Ard...
(..and from the Skies [you] to the Earth [me]...)
7.2.15


..came either a blessing or a curse. long wondered I have, which of the two may be worse: to never have and thus never be hurt, or to possibility beholden but then be spurned? so many fickle tides need this way turn, a millennial chance for me it seems, to mine from your meteor priceless stone, melting ice from long-faded dreams, Midas' envy to make without sorrow for love a priceless home. I think such a gem I could never deserve, lived I even a thousand years, for what have I of worth in reserve? to match your boundless compassion, to be worthy of such great a truth, I could give everything I ever was, yet still not make up the difference due. so why then does the wolf howl at the moon?, yearning even for a glimmer's reflection in fate's nearby pool, that his cries might reach that pale and lonesome star, and make it not quite alone, even if was company from afar. of material things I have precious few, of material wants even less is true. all I've ever sought, was that one thing which could never be bought: to hold in the palm of my hands a heart, and place it alongside my own, beating in steady rhythm, never to be cleft apart. there it is, the sum of my essence, what drives me to what I seek: 'tis a lover's call at its trough and peak, to find in sine's wave simply cosine's all.

No comments: