11.19.2005

-in the name of Allah-



Internet in three days, bi-ithniAllah. A long time coming, patience is the best thing from now until eternity. I believe someone took offense to me not reciprocating an exchange of photographs, the technical difficulties behind which I have already mentioned, but I think another point is worth clarifying. The purpose of the last conversation was about as well-delineated as I could imagine; it needed no explanation. As it is, I have written a poetic (which is at my home pc and therefore currently unavailable until I'm able to bring it with me) about this, and my stance towards it all.

To think that I've overlooked the moon while trying to find my way through the night is like asking to see in the dark without light- it's impossible. The moon is still there, but like always, it remains shining and not in the palm of my hand; therefore, I keep traveling (or wandering, same essence) to find my way in the universe. Maybe making this point of clarification was overkill, but if one cares about something, then its a responsibility to ensure that only justice is done to it. Do what can be done within what Allah has declared.

The matter remains that in life there come along other meteors or comets or solar flares or just about any such other entity that can cause a gravitational pull great enough to sway the moon's light from shining not on the earth but upon some destination previously unknown. In sum, let the moon's light travel where it may, because as is the nature of light, it is ever expansive and, even it must travel the length of the universe, it will find its way back around again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry. couldnt come.

...

Anonymous said...

couldnt come to what? and what does "..." mean?