10.09.2008

- in the name of Allah -


Wow, it's been a month since I last posted here. Good thing someone reminded me to, or else it might've stretched out to 2 months and I could have possibly forgotten everything..but alas, I have not forgotten, so here I am.

While it is true that I am human and as such possess most of the typically human desires and ambitions, it also remains true that I made an oath when I was younger, far more naive and innocent. I had seen others grow up and develop questionable nuances to their personality, accept notions that, barring acceptance by others, they would have never accepted. I knew I would never want to be one of them. To be a common man, a plebeian who walked the path of everyone and repeated everything they said, I couldn't be. Whether it be arrogance, or fitrah, or presumptuousness, or the like, I have always held myself above those ideas and their practice.

So it remains that I walk, or at least foreshadow, my road in the clouds and a steady current forward. I should hope (and pray) that the road I am on does lead me to flounder, because it's so easy to release one's self from the constraints of heaven and so easily put on the reins of hell.

Among other mysteries, I wonder why some females are more inclined to bitchiness than others. Rudimentary manners should be a pre-requisite test for all women (and men) who want to be married, or imagine themselves to be in a position of being. Oh well, I guess not all people were created equally (or at least, end up that way).

1 comment:

Reham said...

LOOOL @ the bitchiness thought. That is so true! People should undergo a psychological test for "bitchiness" before getting married.

It's not even the bitchiness that I hate. It's okay if someone is openly hostile. That way you know exactly what they think of you can react accordingly. What really gets me... is that whole "passive aggressive" thing. And it's all done under the guise of being "your friend". They try to attack your self-esteem and self-worth on such a subtle yet effective level.

Also, I can complete relate to the "vow". I made similar promises to myself when I was younger.

Once again your post made me think. Thank you dear friend. :)