10.11.2015

- in the name of Allah -



Looking out the window at the brightness of the sunlight shining whitely, inviting me to run with the day wherever it goes, leaving all yesterday's problems safely tucked away be-nighted. such an obvious beckon, perhaps my inner source at last changes colors to chase lighter hues, it's not as if nightowls ever let the day get away while able to pay their due. there's no road I'm aware of that lets people travel, that hasn't wrapped up poets in their wake, while keeping their essence to the world still unraveled. fortunately for me, any person can traverse such a path without knowing what it is in front of him he has, the result of choices being made one after the other, a series of batteries being continually drained, so all the effort I now have, is from the very last thing I did.

not a few weeks since passed, I came to learn she'd become an optometrist at long last. it was at that moment it struck me, that of the person I knew there was left no tangible trace, no evidence but memory to keep one rooted in place. part of me was slightly saddened, but even more than that most of me was gladdened, that she with whom I'd struggled so deeply had found a way out of the fog of ineventual misery. I can say in earnest, that as of now her ghost I can lay peacefully in rest, as it reached in fruition, the road I'd let her take at my own behest. this moment has no tears, just a little joy, to see her success, and my own past from my self deployed. 

be at peace oh restless ones, oh glee-less memories, take your cue from future's fruits, and not from yesterday's what-if's or could-be's. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And it was all yellow...

Nomad said...

Alhamdulillah.

Anonymous said...

How are you?

Nomad said...

Alhamdulillah, just trying to maintain sanity and perspective. It becomes hard to do with various external factors in life pushing or pulling in their own random directions, but this place, my rope to Allah that I occasionally try to let go of, keeps me grounded just enough to keep it all in focus. How about you, how does your journey go?

Nomad said...

One of these days, I'll learn how to give a simple answer for a simple question..P_P. There is some big news coming: I'll be hitched in a few months iA. It's been years and years in the making, but finally it got to this point. Frankly I never understood why she stuck with me this long, after all my misanthropy and whatnot, but it's said there's a wisdom in everything even when we can't see it. As usual, alhamdulillah.

Anonymous said...

oh my, i feel silly. i didnt realize these comments went back to a post in october. :/