2.10.2018

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ


This journey, it isn't the span of a second, a minute, a day, not even a month, or year, or decade. The end I'm trying to reach, the proof in me I'm trying to make, to become what I say myself to be. Sometimes patience I can't stand, for all that's unknown, but then there's moments like this, where patience is all I have in hand, biding time like seeds need to grow. Somehow, I have to gaze outside the situation, take perspective on what it is and what it holds, where should the future take root, and what choices for that to be I have to show. There's no glory in these kinds of battles, no stage for spectators, no audience but my Rabb, taking stock of all I am, recording all for when I'm judged. By Your might, oh Allah, ever towards the sky I reach, for even though I'm made of earth, inside me is Your spark, that longs Your light to meet.

No comments: