5.02.2018

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ


Slowly the roads are being built, like tracks laid down from soul to soul. For me, what is the sum of my effort except but to put forth something good, something decent? Compared to what Allah puts in place, what He brings together, it is just so paltry, so tiny. This reminds me of the sweet irony of His request to believers to make a beautiful loan to Him...of what He already owns, of what He gave, of what He Himself made in the first place. The right is His beyond measure without asking, without imploring, yet there are places in the Qur'an where Allah just exhorts, just makes an enticing request to His slaves, that they give Him their worldly lives, their worldly wealth, in return for His Eternity surrounding by unimaginable luxury and comfort and happiness and contentment. 

The shame should be for His slaves, that their Creator ever need ask them what should be our instinct for Him by any reasonable assumption. Still, He is Ash-Shakur, Al-Kareem. It would not do for Him to be anything less than perfection in every respect. 

Back to what began this thought, my Rabb has this matter firmly in hand. Though I still seem to worry a bit now and again, the resolution of what I seek can only be with Him, with what He wills for me. Perhaps it is the case that as one approaches the fullest bloom of the ideal, it is so bright that one's eyes must close and trust be handed over to He Who made the sight to begin with. Of the sweetest imaginings, this potential...at times I can see the reflection of what I seek in her yet even more than that: a temperance and lightness of nature that is indescribably suited on some level to me. This road, this strange road for a strange nomad..subhanaAllah is what it is. All that's left for me, to submit and keep trying to submit so long as I remain iA.

 

No comments: