8.10.2018

my truth

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ

 
Oh my Rabb,
I know that
I am not enough,

But here I am,
at Your command
needful of Your Love.

My aims, so far exceed
my ability or plans,
without You, nothing can I
dream,
or hope,
or achieve.

And if dreamless,
and hopeless,
and meanless,

then what is left of ‘me’?

Every breath in which
khair I find,
is from You a gift,
one I cannot ever
repay in kind.

Alas! Were I ever worth
just one blessing of Yours,
I'd count myself most fortunate,
and of Your aid assured.

But, there is none
for me to claim,
knowing of my flaws,
how they feel as chains.

Yet, though in so much
I am wholly incomplete,
utterly without,
with You remains my relief.

Oh Rabb,
keep with You all that I am,
let it never be lost,
being the same for my Moon,
while through this life's shade,
is the journey we must cross.

Ameen

No comments: