8.29.2018

Hajj

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ


Alhamdulillah, I've returned. Strange though, I don't recognize pretty much anything. It's as if a stranger lived the life I lived, everything is so foreign it is impossible to describe. Not quite an out of body experience, just that I feel like an outsider to what was once apparently 'me' for the longest time. My past literally does not seem to exist, at all, like I stand on the edge of a string at its very beginning, with no previous history behind it. 

It's not an uncomfortable notion, just disorienting, surprising, hard to encapsulate. I've always felt from dunya a sense of strangeness so I didn't think something like this would be as shocking as it is, but it has been. SubhanaAllah this is what it He makes it to be. 

So much to relate it turns out, will have to take time for that iA. I didn't expect there to be so much, but one look back at "life" and either the world has altered while I wasn't looking...or I am the one who changed. Most odd of all, I thought I recognized myself throughout all of Hajj, yet the world shows me a mirror and tells a different story. What a tale it must be

 

No comments: