3.18.2019

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ


3/18

Once upon a time, you were having a really bad day and couldn't find anything to be happy about. When I tried to convince you otherwise, you asked me to name one thing thing so you'd reconsider. I said, "aren't I the apple of your eye?!" After a well-deserved laugh, you replied, "you're crazy, that's what you are." 

I haven't been any different since. What truth the past tells us, remains so. Why else would a man chase love from one life into the Next? I know there exists a place for our atoms to reunite, I know this as surely as I know my own name. The price to reach it, it isn't easy to pay, but I've already given it, am giving it, will continue to give it by the grace of He Who created me. 

One day iA, I will truly become the apple of your eyes, from our start in this life, and ever after the Day we rise.





~





Alhamdulillah for the few moments today, where my Muse still kindled in me a reason to keep hope as always. Even in silence, there are things to be grateful for, and knowing you is one of many, many blessings I've found. Sometimes the conversations running through my mind take me forward, and sometimes they take me back. Never detrimentally though, I have only fondness left for everything that's happened so far, no laments of anything from before. Too many precious, beautiful gifts gained along the way for anything less than complete shukr when reflecting on the past, and when charting for the future. Of course, the present has its constant worries and pulls, but therein is balance for us.

The transmission definitely stays aqueous...I'm an ocean after all, welcome to the currents :)

No comments: