3.26.2019

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ



Came back earlier today from a trip to Cali for a friend's wedding this past weekend, mA it was pretty special. The two bros of mine who invited me for Hajj, invited me to our mutual friend's big day, and alhamdulillah I'm glad I went. So many little nuances to this trip, almost didn't go even with paid ticket/etc, but crazy things happened and persistent friends kept trying so the trip goes through. Things like that always make a difference. 

It's beautiful there, amazing weather, very friendly people. Not somewhere I'd want to live long-term, for a few different reasons, but each place in the world comes with its ups and downs. What my Rabb has given me and where I am, I couldn't have any complaints. 

Interestingly, I'm starting to take more pictures. Never really a habit of mine, but I find myself trying to encapsulate memories especially as keepsakes to share with my Gift and those closest to me. 

Something from Huntington Beach:


Waves and a shore, soon to meet...how fitting for me these things are. Also saw so many amazing mountains, but was considerably harder to catch good glimpses of those. 

A few lines, from 3/23: 

sometimes we're all a little dimmer, sometimes we can shine, maybe it's the weather, maybe it's what's inside, growing gloom, a loss of glimmer, trapped inside a moment, we can't fathom in the mind. 

This ^ was more reflective of a friend's state, dealing with the trials that come with finding a wife. It's felt like the struggle has worn down his soul to the point where the brighter upside becomes very difficult to find, and all that's left is dark and sour sarcasm to show. I've known a time like that, but nothing I say seems to ever really help for him. InshaAllah his relief comes soon, the burden lifts, and his road ahead inside and beyond this life becomes clear, ameen.



 

No comments: