10.31.2020

Commentary on my lights

أَعُوذُ بِٱللَّهِ مِنَ ٱلشَّيۡطَٰنِ ٱلرَّجِيمِ، بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ
 
 
 
of the Moon, my Muse
some might think, given the way i've written, you're my angel in disguise, a being borne out of light and perfection, but that's not quite accurate a representation: ever since back when we were kids, you beheld my imperfections and flaws just as i saw yours, but like the apex of the lesson you taught me - acceptance is the beginning of Love, and its penultimate aim. never worry about a thing when it comes to you in me, forgetting isn't my DNA, for He gave me the remembrances of one who loved and lost and kept loving onward, growing from every Autumn's falling leaves the next branches to my tree, so that when our eternal Spring arrives, you'll see how you've grown into my being. 

of the Gemini, my Twin
of this past summer, it was only a picture, but those crystalline orbs i once spoke of, they encapsulated some measure of inconceivability, teasing and inviting, taunting and softly amusing, truthfully a mirror to which i'd give form had i only eyes as beautiful. though i can't say what chances He will have this life give me, or what efforts i may make if time and His permission coalesce, i can't fathom any slave who could have more than what He's let me taste and envision, for i felt myself already fulled with ambition, until your memory revived into reality and became a substance reaffirming, a steeled will that would have me seek forever everything from Him, regardless my mistakes or slips or absences cascading - such is the cake's icing when it embraces the surface along with every layer there is.
 
~
 
who gets such gems in his sky as ideals and goals to chase? how is it even a thing? never could have deserved such beauty, but alhamdulillah to infinity, such sparkling lights keep my brightness ever tempered and reminded, not simply to have such completion for the self, but in your hearts to have such roots deeply taken.

No comments: