8.21.2021

absent an Echo

أَعُوذُ بِٱللَّهِ مِنَ ٱلشَّيۡطَٰنِ ٱلرَّجِيمِ، بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ
 
 
where are you my Resonance? why do you hide behind those lovely pairs of eyes, one pair human and one pair feline? would that both were in my arms, so i may hear both purring, softness to grace my ears and reignite my smile and the spark of what it is i'm chasing. but this self that longs for embracing, is yet empty of filling, that cake so far away from my tasting. 
 
has not life kept you distant enough, must i contend with further leagues of silence, that bring me back around again to moments when it's clear He's made me weakest? i want no further breaths laced with apartness, a poison that living here, like this, unwillingly gives me, this dunya and its precipices, aiding and abetting the test of one still breathing. it might be said to one in such a state, to wallow not in self-conceived miseries,...and perhaps they'd be right, had i any lasting antidote to aloneness, but i have not, it remains my archnemesis, since my first age at awareness, whether actual company around or otherwise, so little of myself gets expressed to ones He keeps me ignorant of. 
 
make dua for me, oh beacons He created and brought to my vision then saw fit to snatch away from my senses....pray that i find what i seek, fulfilled and fulfilling my beloved when at long last, we ascend Eternity's steps, iA.

No comments: