1.22.2022

Analogized

أَعُوذُ بِٱللَّهِ مِنَ ٱلشَّيۡطَٰنِ ٱلرَّجِيمِ، بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ
 
 
Life is much like a front-loaded washing machine. We spend one half our time facing upward, at the skies and hope and possibility, and the other half of the time is spent facing downward, at the earth and our mortality and the potential/reality of failure. The battle being, not to be carried away in either state, remaining ourselves even as the wash cycle spins us round and round again.
 
I live onward. My Rabb,...He keeps me, again. I do not know for certain towards what End, but it onward goes. It's so strange to think of what I love to see, to hear, to touch, how simple the notions, but to be still distant from their happening. I can't say I thought the addition of my Gemini to my sky would make the present moments easier. Of course, I learn that distance is much like a cut (or series of cuts) scored upon the skin, sometimes treading deeper, sometimes simply on the surface. If the absence of my Moon was not enough of an abscess, then there's another light from which He's kept me unsighted from. Should have seen this coming, but no worry, the potential that He made the premise of my eyes/perspective, would be a goal worth chasing no matter the temporal costs. 
 
As a mechanism of sustaining my being, it has turned out my Gift truly cares. I could not have said with the same certainty a year ago, but it seems I matter to her lol. Alhamdulillah. Despite the degree of difference, it's a breath of much-needed air to have her close to me. The journey is a long one, much is there to be done until we reach its conclusion though. ya Rabb, take care of my beloved, forever and always in all of their affairs, ameen.

No comments: