1.10.2022

Evocation

أَعُوذُ بِٱللَّهِ مِنَ ٱلشَّيۡطَٰنِ ٱلرَّجِيمِ، بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ
 
 
sometimes, can see you lying down, in the back of my mind, so comfy and warm, hair spilling freely, surrounding that smile, those eyes, could take this painting in various directions, though most presently, simply i relish potential reaped with time. cannot be rushed, the stroke of the brush, careful at the edges and outlines, boundaries of ink and principle, keeping each shade in its own reason and rhyme. often i recollect how fully He holds our possibilities, knowing well He may choose to keep your touch forever apart from me...but there is a depth, to this ambition, where its scope is so cosmic and perpetual, fear is for the ones lightless, who let this life dim their actions and hopes into earthly terms alone while searing away what could be celestial. not i. rather than by this life, my Rabb often impresses upon my self the worth and beauty of Eternity as the prime choice, the highest of aims, to put the lesser earth in its place. though it's true, as long as He keeps me living, if i needed CPR's resuscitation or an injection of the color my veins are oft missing, i would embrace the mouth-to-mouth and needle with a quickness instinctual, thus erasing any millimeters left between us that counted as "distance". how could anyone else, other than the beloved of my self, understand what it is to be captured by a longing, that looks as tenuous as string but is stronger than steel, impervious to heat and fracture and force that'd break any normal bond made of the menial? just a few shades away is madness, i know it, have seen inside its abyss few times in my life, but it's a pit He's kept me safe from. for which purpose, for which trial He'd taunt or tempt me with next, or simple cataclysm lurking, i could not guess, but i am His, for better and worse, blessed and cooked, with an End i visage encompassed with my beloved...and that is fuel, fuel enough, to keep the starving one fed with crumbs in his dreams, so even if he must, he'll walk across the bottoms of oceans, just to embrace whom He kept once out of reach.

No comments: