2.10.2016

- in the name of Allah -

Sometimes one has to just appreciate life, its various flavors and shades. Still some weeks remaining till the big day arrives, but never a shortage of sources for mini-epiphanies it seems. I noticed a gradual progression of profile pics since last fall, and in them, I saw something very familiar and reassuring. It's strange, isn't it? Even as new doors open and old wounds find their aloe, there is still a way to be comforted in a way I didn't imagine possible. I suppose I am no less a contradictory human being than the rest of my species lol. Definitely curious my state is, something that might normally cause one to resurface pain or misplaced longing, doesn't actually bring that out in me at all. On the contrary, I found in it only serenity and joy, both for my past and for my future. Obviously some alhamdulillah is in order, having been protected from shayateen and various otherwise-typical human failings by the grace of my Rabb. Really, it's just beautiful all around. 

No comments: