4.22.2017

- in the name of Allah -

Sometimes, it's the smallest of victories won that need to be cherished, the ones to give and sustain hope in the face of odds made immense by our weakness. I find the path of imaan isn't a linear road, or even simply up/down, even within the highs and lows there are more slight bumps or depressions (physical, and otherwise). Any particular chance one finds to revel in as success against the shayateen, any opportunity that did not go entirely to waste, has to be celebrated. Life is so short, the uphill climb at times gets so steep, each of these mini-victories is something that should bring about its own joy and sense of gratitude to Allah for having seen it. 

Once I read that one whom Allah put in people's company should not wish for solitude, for he was placed there for a reason and purpose: either to find reminders from them or warning of attitudes/actions that he himself should avoid; likewise, one whom Allah put in solitude should not be found wanting for the presence of people's company, as those moments of quiet are ripe for contemplation on Allah and one's life with respect to Him. Lol interesting I find myself often enough tugged towards either end, either missing people when they aren't around or missing solitude when people are there. Such remains the paradox of living I have yet to overcome >_>. Of course if I had my own guess I would always say it's the right company being missed, that not just anyone can suffice, but 'tis not a thing I can seek in dunya anyways. Still, the moments are there where we aught to look for the blessings underneath even and especially if they aren't apparent to our eyes at first.

 

No comments: