4.08.2017

- in the name of Allah -


As human beings it's hard for us to fathom a drive that keeps on ticking time after time, that endures long after most other things turn to dust. It's made especially hard to have this kind of attachment when life itself is so fleeting, things are made to order, instant gratification rules ever larger parts of life around us. After enough time in this sort of existence, being around other people who crave worldly things, we might begin to crave them too. This is maybe the saddest thing to me about life, it's ability to so silently and insidiously seduce a person's heart and mind into overlooking the akhirah and wanting to find their needs met here. For who is this life enough? Can't say it is for me. So my drive remains in a place I can't see, with a joy I can't imagine, in a company far beyond me.

No comments: