12.18.2017

- in the name of Allah -

Still
(a corollary to "Sway")

In these times I can offer no melodies, or highs, or words conscripted for purpose of lullabies, just a persistent wish that I might rise, to claim from my Rabb your heart as gift, kept safe and free in my palms to reside. I've always loved the rain, that which gently pelts the face, as not just from it was all life made, but each drop reminds me of my own thought, a mirror of my mind in sky and rain. And how did that drizzle start, from where was it began, let me explain your part, that more may understand: you were the moisture in my clouds, who filled them past their brim, so in life I'd go on to seek but rain, from that moment ever since. Let me call to good, let me call to stillness, for now until tomorrow, that we may survive the ebbs and flows of time, and find the end of journeys paved in guidance.

No comments: