9.17.2018

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ


In my evolving, in reflecting on life, I've come to know that the time of now is vastly different from then. If I allow my eyes to see past the obvious parting, past the emotions that go with it, then there's much more of happiness, of anticipation. Among the dangers of connecting the present with the past too deeply is that I lose focus of what differentiates them, accidentally merging/overlaying two experiences that should not be merged. 

The past, it has no embers left, having long been absorbed into my seeking for Tomorrow. The present, the now, that is what brings forth its own spark, its own reasons for looking forward and striving for something far beyond my self. I realize part of the trial is in the similarity to what's gone before and the feeling that it evokes. Going forward will need consistent vigilance and self-reminder, becoming more than what I was then, especially if I ever would wish from my Rabb further gifts like this summer down the road, inshaAllah.

No comments: