9.01.2018

Sandy Shore

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ


(sometime during Day 3 or 4 of Hajj)

you're the sand on my beach,
   without which
   I would never be complete.

for what is a shore,
   what scene can it make,
   if everything is there,
   but has no sand
   to put what's left in place?

it's not about stepping into
   or out of,
   you're what my waves 
   mix with,
   when tides want to rush over or up.


when I try to
   fashion my sandcastle dreams,
what do you think they're made of?
   If not all that you mean? 

there are no accidents,
   no missed timings,
just as a miner finally mines
   from his diamond's rough,
what his Rabb kept safe;
   the best worth finding. 

from this sandy shore,
   with these innumerable grains,
   whether in midst of day
   or in shade of night,
is my gaze drawn up
towards our Sky,
   where lives its goal:
the spark to Life.
 

No comments: