2.20.2020

medicated

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ


pain, oh pain my friend, how well have i known you since,
the day i was born, 
the life i lived,
until the moment comes
where He calls me back to Him?

pain, of olden times when hearts were ripped and scarred, 
pain, of present days when skin is cut and cellgrowth is dismay,

pain, of nerves and signals in the brain, 
pain, the knife of attachment, 
pain, the fire of the cooking kettle, 

pain, my nearest acquaintance,
the first word of my dictionary, 
the crack of my shell - before love emerged from within as its solution.


i could write the word a million times, but would never reach its justice, never describe in full its import or its measure across the human experience, how it influences all our lives.

~

alas, i don't really care to write more of it. i know it well enough, it will come for me as He has written, so nothing more for me to add. i simply wish i could show enough appreciation for all the love i've been shown, put forth enough effort for the love i seek. at the moment, relatively in pieces, but should my constituent parts ever be reformed in this life, iA i can keep feeling and writing towards that end. 
 

No comments: