6.09.2022

Life has no coincidences

أَعُوذُ بِٱللَّهِ مِنَ ٱلشَّيۡطَٰنِ ٱلرَّجِيمِ، بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ
 
 
Alhamdulillah, just got back yesterday from a week of visiting a beloved brother of mine in Seattle. It was good to see him again, been a couple years since he married and moved out there. Of the west coast, at least that far north, have to say amazing temps and often rain showers, so easy to relax in alh. As natural and foresty and calming as the weather was, I think the most incredible moment occurred right before I boarded the flight back.
 
It was about 8 in the morning, just grabbed something to eat on the flight. One of the attendants calls me to the desk, says my seat is taken and asks if I'd take a aisle or window seat to replace it. I say aisle is better, so he prints me a new boarding pass. Maybe 10 minutes later, he calls me back again and it turns out he accidentally confused my name with someone else. She has the same last name as mine, spelled with one extra letter, and her first name is....K....
 
..yeah, the person standing there has your first name and my last name, lol. And it gets better. She's originally from MD also, having lived in the silverest of Springs, and I would guess she was close to your height too.

Of all the human beings in the world that I could have found in such a moment, it had to be someone with your beautiful name, combined naturally with my last name. In our convo, she mentions that she'd never met another named like herself. I had the serenity of recollecting I'd known such a one before.

If it were you standing there at the airport counter? Kinda impossible to describe what I imagine myself feeling/doing then. It was just a very intriguing reminder from my Rabb though, not just of you, but of you combined with me somehow. It was her maiden last name (I asked), which I thought was...otherworldly special.  

She was cool alh, but like much in life shows me, there is only one K. And for the knowing of my Moon, alhamdulillah especially. 
 
Among lots of interesting and thought-provoking discussions, my beloved bro wondered why you're still part of me, why I'd choose to carry you within. I tried to explain it to him, but every time he countered, he seemed to look backward at the past and wonder if it should have to do with the present. I wanted to explain that it was all about the future, about trying to be timeless, but honestly, I think this makes no sense to other/most people. It is hard enough to envision akhirah under normal circumstances, to process death and resurrection and Jannah and Jahannam altogether. He is a firm believer tho, but I couldn't get him to understand how you are an anchor to the Garden for me. Ah well. 

In life, once we choose a path, I think our Rabb makes it such that the path chooses us in turn. Each person and his/her nature is created so that wherever it is destined to go, becomes easy for it to find. Truth.
 
The trip turned out fairly incredible, for reasons that probably only me or you would truly get. I don't mind, even if I seemed strange or foreign or nonsensical to my beloved, it would not be the first time, and likely not the last either.  Some get me, some do not. Being part of me has no precondition of being understood tho, it is what it is, resonance and finding qualities that bring one certainty - this is worth preserving in the face of all that dunya tries to change us into.

Need to write something soon iA

No comments: