5.31.2022

"you'll see me again"

أَعُوذُ بِٱللَّهِ مِنَ ٱلشَّيۡطَٰنِ ٱلرَّجِيمِ، بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ
 
 
it was something she said, 
at least that's how goes the memory
that qadr
made in my head, 
if she held out her arms
wouldn't hesitate to jump in them
lift her up to the stars, 
and soak in 
a Comet's radiance.
 
if you called me crazy way back when,
wonder what you'd call me now?
haha maybe more, over and over 
the ride of this life, unpredicted and 
unknowable,
i can't say He'll have her grace my vision 
again,
just one time to see, listen, speak with,
not nearly enough to sate the soul ever 
longing to embrace and find its beloved;
finding and losing and chasing
you,
helped morph me into this, 
i suppose,
preparing me to live in Forever, 
anchor after anchor,
if i was a puzzle He made,
my beloved are its pieces:
the ones
whose mere presence suffices me 
to smile in, 
and whose absence
tears me in two 
for at least
moment,
but hope revives shortly after, 
because i got here purely
by the will of my Maker, 
not of my own worth or deciding or owning,
but because His was 
the guidance 
and forgiving 
and reminding, 
to His slave, of never ceasing
the effort, the pleas, 
the submission and
culmination 
of decree.
 
and i hope, ya Rabb, that You place firm her orbit, at an ellipse as closely safe You permit, and at the least, let me be revisited by her visage, fully and upon this soul imprinted, ameen



 

No comments: