9.12.2017

- in the name of Allah -


Alhamdulillah. For every moment of troubles, there is its pair in moments of ease. The ones who look forward to meeting Allah should never let such reflection pass without some gratitude to go along with it, for shukr is the among the best things we can show to our Rabb of our servitude and connection to Him.

Sometimes in life you come across a thing, that places a certain piece of the past in such perfect context, one has no choice but to smile. There is a hadith I came across, "Learn a portion of your religion (deen) from this red-colored lady [Humayrah]". SubhanaAllah. I also know one who was 'colored red' :) . And so, instead of ever taking any other example from any where else, historical or literary or otherwise, I decided that the following should be stated for the record: 

_____
The Ode of Forever

For as long as Allah places in my lungs, this breath,
So beats the heart, carrying on until its death,

For as long as my bones in grave remain,
Until that Trumpet's blown, the Day finally came,

For as long as Allah wills us to stand until we're judged,
And by His mercy, opens the gates of Firdaus above,

For as long as at those gates I need wait, 
To say, when you found yourself at my side your place:

"If I wouldst be thy Muhammad, wouldst thou be my 'A'ishah?" 

...by Allah's grace, a love outlasting all the ages, inspired of an Example ever pure and perfect.
_____

No comments: