11.05.2018

John Glenn

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ


What a weekend to remember. Just another added to list of things done for the first time ever, none of them remarkable in their own right, but to me they carry immense significance for the development they mark. Perhaps for such crazy, otherworldly goals as I have, only the most astronomical of tests and coincidences are appropriate.

It was not something I sought out, but a suggestion Allah put in another. And so I pursued the manifestation of that into reality. My Rabb allowed it to be, and furthered the progression of me into someone more closely resembling who I should be, who I have to become. Perhaps this fits the ideal definition of a husband, an ideal very suited for me, even though with the quirks that I have, no doubt such a progression carries its own unique pain and difficulty; I fear neither. 

Such an interesting part of my road, this one. Along the way, one of the people I met was a classmate from my days at an Islamic private school..over two decades ago, yet still he recognized me and said salaam. What are the chances?? Incredible. 

Among the culminating tests of this weekend, my  oft-recurring choice of preferring the akhirah over the present, of that which is khair and lasts over that which is temporal and less. As always, it was only Allah's mercy and what He gives me of His remembrance that allowed it be so. Alhamdulillah for that, being reminded and for every blessing of His that I hope continues without end, especially those of my beacons.

How fitting, that to cap the past few days would be a pic like this. Though many times life seems like its color is fading, as how it is with seasons changing, this is no loss but a cycle of growth, of things reabsorbed, that all my beloved and I, may find the End that is worthy most, inshaAllah.

No comments: