9.12.2019

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ



inescapably starcrossed

fingertips i've never touched, skin i've never tickled or traced, lips i've never kissed, a softness i can only imagine, these physical dimensions, capturing the flip side of a coin, on which the souls have long rested. i looked at all of life, and all of death, looked at the future and the past, at all i could earn or all that i could grasp, there was just one thing i found equal the trade, worthy to have: you. 

nothing else here has ever been or ever will be close to what that means, which is why you're encased inside of my Firdaus. every part of this road, a microcosm of it is a price I pay for the chance to find something totally out of my league. i've lived longer than i'd wished to, but it is what He wills it to be, keeping me going regardless. this life and its monotones, not quite my flavor. but there is a rainbow's end I seek, where i'd love to find those Lucky Charms waiting for me :) iA


[random note: maybe my favorite part of this piece is in the last line, how the cursive k leans into the y, when the two letters seem nearly ready to embrace...so perfect.]

No comments: