2.18.2017

- in the name of Allah -



mashaAllah what a time the past year has been. Two of the most formative people I've ever known, ones I never thought I would ever hear from again but instead I do. The first was immensely significant, being a means of solidifying and creating the goal in akhirah. Didn't think anything could add to that (obviously no topping it). But recently the second did, and it's like...I am me again. I know me, again. It's a full-circle happening, only it was beyond anything I might expect, especially while in dunya. Two situations, both ones at the root of my own Breaking, and after all this time, they overlap together like two bandages tying up the singed edges of the soul.

All I can say is 'subhanaAllah'. That's what it is to be living. Allah knows while people don't, plans our futures even while all we humans can see is the tidbits right in front of us. As if I didn't have enough reason to be grateful to be where I am after all that's happened, this icing on the cake and it's like there's no longer any lost disconnect between me of today and me of yesterday. Funny enough, all of this while I'm focused on tomorrow.

No matter how much pain one finds in life, no matter the physical or emotional breaks that happen, if the single constant of Allah remains then every thing else becomes gravy. People will still falter, I will still falter, being human after all, but the key is to spring right back up, keep the eyes on the skies and always looking upward, wanting and hoping and working for something better with Him. 

No comments: