3.31.2017

- in the name of Allah -

My Proposal: for the one it's always been, k
for now and always
~
If I called you to a time, when the sun always shined, 
except when we'd rather stroll in flurries of snow,
or walk without umbrellas in the rain, 
or fly like birds at the speed of a plane;

If I called you to a place, where love was in every atom's trace,
each making the brightness bloom ever more brilliant and breathless,
until every inhalation brought joy out of our pores, pleasing the senses,
a pleasure pure, absent anything doleful or less than the very best;
~
If my Rabb grants me what I seek, of His bounty and His grace,
If my Rabb forgives me what I implore, of my faults and my shame,
If my Rabb bestows me what I crave, of His mercy and His solace,

Then all these scenes come into being,
Then all these hopes turn from lead into gold,
Then all these echoes link yesterday with tomorrow;
~
If I should, by Allah's will alone, find myself at the Gates of Firdaus,
And prayed that you found your end to mine quite close,
And asked you just one thing: for your hand to take,
Would you nod assent, and gift my heart your soul?

If I called you to a life beyond the one we see with our eyes,
If I called you to a future amidst Allah's company, the most refined,
If I asked you to meld your eternity with mine,
What would you reply?

No comments: