3.26.2017

- in the name of Allah -


Typically when I've used the term 'grounded', it's referred to a means of being connected to the earth, being more in tune with aspects of dunya. Curiously, it doesn't seem to fit these days. Given as to how I've fashioned with Allah's help goals of akhirah, it seems I've adopted the perspective of needing anchors into the skies, rather than the kind that go into the earth. These sky tethers as I'll call them, help frame the connection to looking forward, upward, of bringing that which is far off (in human terms) nearer. So if that is the case, then what stops me from being absorbed into that state, from 'forgetting' to live as it were? Simply put, the reason is Allah. His will keeps me here so long as He decrees and there is no advancing or delaying it. I don't think any stronger means of being grounded could exist, so this should serve iA as the useful counter in those moments where I try to become even more immaterial than I already am. 

As to yesterday, alh the moment did pass, though its afterimage sticks with me. As one particular sky tether reminded me, "in the end, waAllah that is all that matters", an advice to keep focus on the goal ahead and not worry on the intermediate unknowns of this life we can't solve right away. Sound counsel mA.


No comments: