9.08.2005

-in the name of Allah-


Hmm. Ever since a few days ago, oftentimes when I would think of Allah, I would end up remembering my significant other not long thereafter. So what makes this of any consequence? Well, it so happens that I asked Allah that she would become a source of remembrance for me, and in a way, this appears to have happened, alhamdulillah. As for some other fulfillments of dua, before I went to sleep I made dua to Allah asking to be able to wake up for fajr to worship Him. Would you know that it would happen to be one of the easiest waking-up-for-fajr times ever, ie the alarm sounds, I look at it, and thought of fajr comes to mind. SubhanAllah. Then, my second dua. Having been somewhat lazy in making wudu, I was encroaching the on the first rak'ah. On my way to the masjid, both in car and on foot, I made dua to Allah asking Him that I not miss any rak'ah. Would you know that not 5 seconds after I stand for salah, the Imam goes to ruku'uh. Does anyone other than myself realize the import of these two incidents? It is, according to a hadeeth, that when Allah loves a person, He brings him closer to the deen. In this case, it is a closeness very tangible, ie in being able to make the prayer in a timely manner. So, what does this mean? This means my endeavor, up until this moment, is alhamdulillah becoming more and more concrete; that is my relationship with Allah is steadily improving. Given the limited knowledge of Him we possess, it suffices to say that one's relationship with his Creator can be in a state of steady improvement until the day he dies, so I beseech Allah that I be amongst those in constant affairs of uprightedness and 'Ibadah until the day my grave finds me. Ameen. As for other thoughts lately, I have been thinking of and trying to figure out how precisely to help the aforementioned significant other with what appear to be trying times, and I fear at some point, I become the proverbial broken record. How many times can one feel like consolation needs to be given (granted, she did not and does not need constant consolation)? I feel inhibited in what I can communicate, but it is true that an understanding of our relationship dawned on me last night, shortly before 'Isha. There were times where she would be seeking to simply relay her thoughts of the day, or her feelings/comments on her life, where the response aught not to have been and should not be to advise or console, but to make clear a willingness to listen, to be one in which she could find repose. I, too aften it seems, attempt to 'problemify' every matter that arises, and I believe a different approach is necessary sometimes, ie just being there to listen. It should be noted here, that it is with Allah that one's heart resides, so what does it stand to reason that my Lord should remind me of her? I believe the answer is partially circular, meaning that in remembering her, I remember marriage and then fulfillment of religious/personal duty and then to remember how all of this came about, and to whom is shukr to be made; ie Allah. So, its like a thought or love is placed in one's heart, to bring about the further remembrance of Allah. There is the wisdom of Allah. Alas, the day continues, and time moves but forward. May Allah guide us back to Him, in a manner that suits His bounty and mercy upon us, Ameen.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog from jinnzamans blog ... i must say that your feelings and life experiences that i have been able to grasp so far appear to be similar to mine ... actually i might find myself in a similar situation of being far from the one you love. Plan on reading your entire blog and re-start writing my own.

Anonymous said...

i just came across your blog...subhanAllah...
you write really well. Many of your posts are uplifting. Jazakallah Khair.

Anonymous said...

isnt it crazy...that love is such a blessing, and we dont realize how great it is, until its taken away from us? i used to think that anyone could love, but that is not true. u cant force it, only Allah can put it there,and only Allah can take it away...but khair, its just one of the many trials in this dunya...

k

KM said...

I kept wondering where you got this comment from in a different post. Now I know. My memory must be really failing because clearly I wrote things which I completely forgot about. 🙈

Nomad said...

Alhamdulillah, there's nothing quite like being able to fill in the blanks we didn't even realize we had :)