9.07.2005

-in the name of Allah-


I want to ask you to forgive me, I want to know you're alright, I want the path in front of us clear, I want for us a future bright. Forgive me of my past, forgive me of my tomorrow, forgive me when I fail, forgive me for my sorrow. I write words thinking they mean the same, I write without another's thought or care, I write so recklessly, because I take up the truth's righteous dare*. I spill and spill and perceive and perceive, but I do not soak up your thought nor give you a second's reprieve. I am quick to judge, hasty in denial, wary of the future, a lawyer seeking yet another trial. I forget and forego a fellow's right, while I demand my own's fulfillment in a manner contrite. I reach for the skies only within my mind, falling short, I feel distanced and apart, by humanity left behind. I once sought company with man, he stiff-armed my brotherly embrace, resigning me to solitude's pensive state. I do not grieve for what appears nor what what is reality, I give my owe and seek my due from His eternal Majesty. I know mankind is human and fortuned to be flawed, I prepare myself for mortal negligence and know to see past what the Designer's drawn. I loved you before, if Allah allows me, I will love you forever. I love you only, so that my Lord and I come closer together.


* - (ie to be what I "am", regardless of consequences as long as it is "right/just" [note- this implies and includes a faulty line of thought that does not stand to reason based on how others feel, thereby possibly becoming a source of harm in some cases.])

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

= )