9.02.2005

My Treatise on Allah and one Komal

-in the name of Allah-


My Treatise on Allah and one Komal

09.02.05


In glorious sunrises, in calming sunsets
Through stormy waters, through overflow vents
Past the tease and tinge of yesteryear
Beyond scope of premonition and a morrow’s fear

Lies a truth unassuming, in utter simplicity
It is that of One god, the One eternally
Who made what was, and decreed what will be
He set for all a portion, and took a vow from humanity

To never worship any other, though this they denied
His truth of One, their own desires instead multiplied
Insatiated by their wealth, the imperial forces globally spread
Determined in themselves to find peace, ease the dread

Of course, only His and with Him is this to be found
Looked and searched they would, an emptiness compound
Thus souls restless spend their livelihoods in screech and roar to decry
Long nights and days spent awake, needing from life a reason why

Away with those who deny, my hearts rests in comfort
He is ever-near, lending me patience and righteous revert
My soul to a place before unknown, in silence rises
Fueled by His Noor, an endless list of starry surmises

No, not mere conjectures of my own errant making
But each a pointer to Him, a compass for the waking
For With Allah, in open and sutble truths I always find
A path, a way, a road of cobblestone familiar, in ease of mind

He carries my strength, gives me solace
Removes my fears, blots my worries with poultice
Blemishes of sin, in His mercy and forgiving erased
By His reality, His truth, His company replaced

So, a heart reaches, is touched by the Sublime, the Divine
Where from is a mortal comfort, a raiment in human confine?
This reply, is like to His will of destiny, of a benevolent design
That I sought another never, but did my fate with such intertwine


Names are but letters that but another soul do signify
Eyes beheld, in married gaze, another puzzle completed mine
In those glossy spheres of truth and toil, lies a half of me
Seeking me, I in seeking it, do find but reminders of eternity

For this life is not for ever to be lived or enjoyed
It ends in pain of death, despite of what struggled or toyed
But this one, in lower case, His mercy and blessing loudly cries
With me in tears of mutuality, where part of life’s purpose lies

I love Allah most, He created, accompanies, and consoles
My existence, from birth to death, my soul His Hand holds
Thus, He is of my highest endearment worthy and deserving
My Lord is Allah, bestower of bounty and grace without conserving

As next of most beloved goes, His Prophet this station clearly knows
For what better example, model, guide does in humanity reside?
A leader such as he, in whom any could trust to aid or confide

Not much farther down this list, is a servant of His in clothes nondescript
Though she shines through life’s darker caves like many a candle lit

2 comments:

Sal said...

salaams, i love this blog.

KM said...

I could sit and write a million letters of a thousand words (heh) but I think ive forgotten how = /

uh ohhh i feel the game poem comin up, kinda like old word vomit. (ive lost my way with words, my touch with all my rhymes, ive lost myself along the way, somehwere along the lines)

good job. *thumbsup*

^^the most randomized comment. nah really tho, nice poem.

u still stink tho.

= )