9.17.2005

-in the name of Allah-



Hmm. It's shortly before fajr, and I am having difficulty falling asleep. Nocturnal sleeping habits aside, there truly is much to be found in the peace of the depths of night. It makes sense why the Prophet (saw) would get up and pray tahajjud so often, because there's something about the element of night and the element of salaat that really closes the gaps in one's soul. I believe it has to do with the ayah in the Quran that describes the night as a time when the mind is more keen and speech more certain (a general paraphrase, please inform me of any mistake). Indeed this seems to be the case. Anyhow, I think I will compose a poetic before going for pre-fajr salaat.


An Ode to a Friend


words said, from words aside,
this is the truth, where you reside.
how we were decreed as brothers to be,
though blood and kin bear us seperately.
competition may in the mind's folly arise,
but even that, a means of Him opening eyes:
for it is lately i've come to ascertain,
what it means of two, who alike for truth do aim.
our times our bonds decry and attempt division,
failing to realize, what He joins can have no revision.
what is it that you have helped me see?
what benefit from you has come to me?
the truth is all that matters, and that was clarified:
you reminded me of Allah, of how in life man is tried.
odes a many are written, especially for 'maidens fair',
why not for him, who to my Lord brings me near?




It is said that those who are not thankful to the people, are not thankful to Allah. I have been blessed by Allah to have had so many people throughout life to which I owe thanks, for reasons galore. For what it is worth and means, as Allah bears witness, I thank them all; those who contributed in my life in any way, helping shape me as I am today. May Allah grant you the best in this life, and the Next, Ameen. This poetic is for a friend sometimes known as artu, who consistently brings me back down to earth when I seem to have gone too high into the clouds.

JazakAllahu khairan fid-dunya, wal-Akhirah, Ameen.

2 comments:

ShakirSahab said...

barrr.

Ameen. Wa iyyak.

ill keep the juicy (lol) stuff on the low, but its all love bro.

Anonymous said...

ohhh, im so jealous >rolleyes<

:war:

hehe jp, aww mashaAllah.