6.30.2018

Eternal

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ


So the first iteration of this post seemed just didn't seem good enough, not up to par. With a title like that, two not-very-connected stanzas won't cut it. It necessitates something better. InshaAllah.

~~~

A thing not of this world, indeed,
such is what I've always thought,
Too much for life to actualize belief,
so Love is saved, for that highest Cloud,
Where wish everywhere abounds,
Valleys of forests, counting gifts like leaves.

He's brought me this far, through every pain,
kept sanity intact, when all I felt was demise,
Helped hope to grow again,
gave me cause aplenty for which to try.

From now, I expect from Him nothing less,
than to be Who He's always been,
Whether times of ease, or times of distress,
He is my Cure,  my Aid in all moments.

Thus, with His permission,
I will not disappear, 
I will never fade,
with Him, all my aims,
among which, our Final Home
is what I always chase. 

Today is temporal, just a passing phase,
holding within all distraction, 
just a whiff of joy, but much of dismay.

Tomorrow is eternal, the sum of our deeds,
intents, and all facets in between,
with the judgment of our Rabb,
to make clear what we all seemed.

I cannot run from my Maker, there is no escape,
no place of refuge, no delusion strong enough
to subdue what He wills of fate.
But so it's also true: dua can change decree,
and thus is borne my strongest hope,
made of that which pours from my soul,
so Tomorrow I can shape and seek:
Of colors Red and mine, you and I,
in Eternity complete. 

 

No comments: