7.18.2019

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ


In the all time I've lived, no one has ever wished me "the best of khair in life", except you. What an amazing thing to say, as 'khair' already by itself refers to the best or 'better than (anything else)'. But then, to add another word on top, as if to say, "the best of the best".....what could I say to something so beautiful? Such a wish of good for someone is transcendent, beyond human faculty to grasp. 

Unsurprisingly, the essence of the phrase matches precisely the End of the road I seek, and also a bit of the company I would have then, if my Rabb permits. I suppose most people need a goal here on this earth to give their actions purpose and meaning, but for me it was the other way around: it was the founding of a goal in akhirah that gave me substance and grounding, able to continue walking even past the point I didn't think I could go beyond. He willed it so, His aid and support continued, and thus I went onward, reaching for my destiny: a place I do not yet know but long to find nonetheless. 

I don't quite know how the things I write affect you sometimes, if their impact is wiser or not, better or worse for your state; just in case it is the latter, please forgive me for it. Allah knows, if I could have my way, my Muse would spark me endlessly and I would revel in its glow. For sure there is a wisdom in His restraint and redirection of things, so balance is kept and focus is not lost. Sometimes I wish I could simply get a glimpse inside of you again, subhanAllah what moments those were in this life...unforgettable, like living, breathing fireworks that grew brighter and more expansive with time. InshaAllah, sooner or later, I look forward to that, for ever and always. 

No comments: