4.08.2020

Irony Most Exquisite

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ


So this particular moment earlier today, nothing out of the ordinary before, no specific expectation going into it. 

My Gift and I have chatted a bit in the day, random thought comes to my mind and I decide to share: a memory about kisses we shared. 

At the exact second I'm typing a short sentence into my phone, before I finish and hit the send button, she sends her own message first. It is a meme pic of an ugly dog captioned by a "tickle in the throat" and "corona" (meaning the pandemic). 

.
..
...
....
..... 


Of all the fucking things in the universe, at all the various times they could have been possible, that's the moment my sentiment finds its most opposite, contradictory, disgusting, abominably-imaginable counter-notion from her. Haaaah.

And to ward off any counter suppositions, to gauge just how out of the blue and truly/inherently off-sync that exchange was, not a second later she was agreeing with me about those kisses and looking forward to the future.  

Consider the probability, the likelihood, of this impossible juxtaposition, occurring at the SAME TIME! This wasn't a knife to the heart, it was a palm to the face, and awestruck incredulity at the timing my Rabb shows me of things..smh 

No comments: