5.11.2020

Invariably

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ


Man comes before his Rabb, just as a beggar looking to fill a cup with change, a slave who knows his place, seeks his sustenance and care, knowing there is no one else who could fill that role. For people, humankind, there's really no position we can be in that doesn't involve some need that only Allah can fulfill. This doesn't mean one cannot or does not question..that is innate to His creation and so it will happen. But it behooves one to remember that even should a question be posed to his Master, a slave does not become more than a slave. This status remains, with implications that reach either nobility (ie of His messengers called 'abd) or disgrace (ie the rebellious compelled despite their resistance into His Fire).

I am mortal, like every human before me and every human after. I have long sought to understand and see, gain insight into realities that can and cannot be seen. My tests and trials carry on, with a vigorous grip on my life I wish they did not have. But, ultimately, invariably, there is one single dua I ask of Him to fulfill for me: my Moon in my Garden. Nothin else. Grant me this ya Rabb, and I'm good, it's all I have substance in me left to seek.  Ameen

No comments: