7.19.2020

أَعُوذُ بِٱللَّهِ مِنَ ٱلشَّيۡطَٰنِ ٱلرَّجِيمِ، بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ


inshaAllah, I'm looking forward to the day your curves slide into my depths, and just as the water reaches every pore and opening, so too I flow into you from every direction. I don't think dunya quite possesses the faculties or ability to manifest for such an experience, but words try to project the image and sensation and emotion, from one to its other. The value of a flame always lit, don't think it could be overstated. It turns gloomier days into not-so-bad ones, and makes bright days all the sweeter. Life has its mixture of both. But it's nice to recall that fitnah/trials/difficulties are not an inherently negative thing. As the Arabic root reminds me, 'fitnah' refers to purifying gold from impurities for good reason. One part of this is taking the good of something while leaving its ill, and the other part of this is taking also the reminder of what such experiences are intended for: remembering one's Creator, one's purpose, one's humanity, and hopefully of end goals to remain preserved. 

I know some of the wisdom of quietude, distance, these ever-too-familiar concepts imo, but alhamdulillah they are not permanent. As with life itself, and our own personal necessities for positive change, these states vary. On the quieter sides of the coin I find myself wishing for more sound, the wonder of interruption by my beloved, to remind me not only of their beauty but of goals and easy appreciation for blessings too vast to describe. I haven't really wished for quietude in moments of contact, but I know that being given the time by qadr to miss someone is almost as priceless as when the missing ends and at least some part of the connection is remade. These intermediate moments...not so bad, for in them, the back of the mind never ceases in forging memories, irreplaceable, timeless, eternal memories of the journey yet to come.

 

No comments: